FPH Law is seeking an eager and enthusiastic Legal Clerk to join its busy Family and Children Law Department.
The successful individual will provide a wide variety of clerical and administrative support to the Department.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Arranging appointments and attending on new, current and former clients and dealing with their queries.
- Assessment of client financial means and explanation of LAA Funding or Private terms and conditions.
- Preparation and production of bundles for legal proceedings.
- Maintenance of diaries, both electronic and paper as appropriate.
- Undertaking all necessary office administration such as operating an electronic case management system, filing, photocopying, faxing and dealing with disbursements.
- Assisting with the preparation, collation and distribution of documents and information, as appropriate.
- Liaising with Courts, Clients and other legal professionals.
- Working on CCMS to input, submit and maintain Legal Aid applications and databases.
- Dealing with incoming correspondence, as well as making and receiving telephone calls.
The role would suit a person who has a law degree, LPC or similar level of qualification and experience. The successful candidate will be organised, have a robust disposition, excellent communication skills and be quick to learn.
The position is offered on a full time basis (9 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday).
To apply, please contact us directly.