1.The information collected and used
If you use this website, you are in control about what personal data is shared with us. If you do share personal data, this is limited to:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- The subject of your enquiry; and
- Details of what you want to discuss with us.
In addition, as we use analytical software (Google Analytics) to monitor the use of our website, general data is gathered. This includes:
- Your IP address;
- Approximate geographical location;
- Browser type;
- Referral source (how you reached our website);
- The length of time you spend on our website; and
- The pages that you visit in our website.
This information is retained by our Google Analytics account for a maximum of 14 months. Google Analytics does not have access to any personal data that you submit via our “Contact Us” Enquiry Form.
1a.How information is collected
Information may be collected, stored and used when you use this website and when you contact us via our Enquiry Form or when you call us.
1b.What information is collected
The information collected and held may include but is not limited to:
- Visits to our website are monitored using Google Analytics. Information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views) are recorded. This information is retained for a maximum period of 14 months;
- If you telephone or email us, your phone and/or mobile phone number, your email address and the time, date and day of the week and length of your call is recorded; and
- Any other information you may provide to the provider of this site. For example, if you contact us via our website Enquiry Form, you will be asked to leave a short message regarding the nature of your enquiry. This information assists us in directing your enquiry to the appropriate Team.
1c.Using cookies or other on-device storage
2.How information collected is used
2a.When you use this website
2b.Customisation of this website
The information collected when you use this website may be used to build up a picture of your interest in our services. This information may be used to try to make sure that when you visit or use the website, you don’t miss information that might interest you. This is called advert targeting.
2c.Tracking how the website is used
Information may be collected about activity on the website by Google Analytics. This information is used to:
- analyse statistics;
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website;
- target our website content effectively; and
- track the use of links from marketing partners’ websites to this website (for example, from our Facebook page or our listings on the websites of organisations such as The Grandparents Association and The Law Society)
2d.Analysing call volumes
If you call us using the number featured on the website, we may record your phone number, the time, date, day of the week and length of the call and certain details about whether the call was answered or not. This information will be used by us to provide a service to you and to analyse the effectiveness of our website.
2e. Internal Record Keeping
The personal data information you provide will be used to understand your needs and to offer you the best possible service. As FPH Law does not take part in direct marketing campaigns, your details will not be added to a marketing or mailing list.
3.Disclosure of your information
We are prevented by our regulatory authority, The Solicitors Regulation Authority, from disclosing personal details of our clients to anyone outside the Firm unless we have express permission from the client to do so. We do not disclose any information including your e-mail address to any third parties, including advertisers.
We do not participate in direct marketing so by disclosing your address, email address or telephone number, your details will not be used for the purposes of advertising or marketing.
Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
4.Where your information is processed
Your information is only processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). Appropriate steps are taken at all times to ensure that your personal information and data is secure.
5.How your information is kept secure
The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.
6. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Statement. You should exercise caution and look at the Privacy Statement applicable to the website in question.
7. Consent and Changing the information we hold about you
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in the manner set out above.
If you would like to change any information we hold about you that has been collected via use of this Website or want to it to be removed from our records, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.